SCSI is a dynamic and innovative company with a global presence. We support our customers with logistics, technical and containment services, as well as focused turn-key quality auditing solutions.
SCSI offers a complete benefit package to our full-time employees including; major medical (Blue Cross Blue Shield-5 plans available), voluntary benefits (vision, dental, short & long term disability, life insurance), 401(k) and employer match, industry specific training, tuition reimbursement program, vacation/holiday/sick/bereavement/jury duty pay, and so much more.
If you are interested in joining a quickly-growing company that has over 30 facilities worldwide, who is dedicated to their employees and customers and encourages professional advancement, then SCSI is the right company for you.
Our Containment Technician in Augusta, GA is a vital part of the first line of defense to keep the assembly process running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect or perform sorts/reworks on non-conforming and/or suspect material, using measuring and gaging tools and visual techniques in determining conformance to engineering specifications
- Fabricate, touch up, perform surface corrections to defective or flawed materials
- Notifies management of any difficulties or problems that may prevent a quality job from being performed or cause a change in the promised time
- Determine the method(s) and process(es) needed to measure part conformance, according to the allowed dimensional tolerances and normal gaging practices
- Document and report non-conformances to specifications using computerized quality documentation system and/or controlled paperwork.
- Contain non-conforming parts and materials
- Sort and rework non-conforming parts and material
- Rectifies non-conforming material by rework, sorting and/or scrapping as directed by Team Leader
- Complete other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
Required Job Skills, Competencies & Experience
Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged vehicles including body work
- Comprehension-level knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Comprehension-level knowledge and understanding of inspection techniques, and the selection and manipulation of measuring tools, equipment, and gages
- Demonstrated ability in interpreting engineering specifications
- Comprehension-level knowledge and ability to interpret geometrically dimensioned and toleranced engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability in handling and maintaining precision measuring tools, equipment, and gages
- Perform visual inspection of painted surfaces, surface defects, cleanliness and packaging
- Operating-level proficiency using computer software programs
- Able to unpack and repackage materials safely and as instructed
- Operating-level knowledge of material handling equipment - pallet jacks and hoists
- Perform visual inspection of various types of welds
- Read and execute work instructions
- Written and Verbal communication skills
- Record Keeping
- Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Certificate from Vocational School in Collision a plus.
- 2- or 4-year technical degree preferred or equivalent of job experience
- Previous work experience in a quality background preferred
- Basic knowledge of materials and production processes
This position does not include supervisory responsibilities
Physical demands of work environment
This position is located in an industrial/production environment, as such you may be exposed to the following:
- Intermittent moving or lifting up to 50 pounds
- Intermittent exposure to extreme cold, extreme heat
- In proximity to moving, mechanical parts and machinery
- Exposure to electrical shock and vibration
- Exposure to noise level of industrial/production environment – Usually very loud
- Working in close proximity to customer/client
- Exposure to fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases and poor ventilation
SCSI wishes to ensure a drug-free workplace in order to provide the safest possible environment for customers and employees and to maintain public confidence in the high quality of services offered. All new employees are required to pass a drug test prior to working at SCSI. This offer is contingent on passing a drug screen.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.